When it comes to shapes and trends, we saw a lot of cut-outs, corsetry, bare midriffs, micro minis and low slung waists so a little sunshine would be welcome right now!
For a more demure look, choose a structured blazer with a pleated skirt, a sharp trouser suit or pair a blazer with a fluid, feminine dress.
Textures were very jazzy too - perhaps a reaction to staying in for so long - mesh, sheer, metallic, crystals and sequins. There was also much frill, froth and ruffle and as an edgy balance to this the leather jacket is an ideal partner.
Pattern is not for the faint hearted with a feast of flower power, geometric patterns, tie-dye and animal print. Stripes were bold, bright and stunning too.
Inevitably fashion influences the way we wear our hair and make up. The makeup trends are numerous and there’s something for all tastes. So as not to overwhelm the senses I recommend only one or two of these ideas!
- – A soft glowing complexion, with natural cream blush
- – Graphic eyes with negative space
- – Eye shades neon or pastel
- – Lips pale, diffused, bright, with or without lipliner, gloss or matt
- – A new take on blush, blush draping where the colour flows from cheeks into temples and brows.
The same goes for hair looks. Choose a cut and colour that flatters your image.
- – A jagger cut to go with a 70’s vibe. This has the advantage of versatility and can be worn as statement look or twisted up for a softer style.
- – Feminine waves and a brow skimming fringe to make a chic contrast with a masculine suit.
- – A precision short crop to compliment and contrast with frills and ruffles. Smoothed down for a sharp look or dressed and texturised for a quick change.
There seems to be a bob for every season with no exception this Summer. To make sure your bob is updated and current try a midi-bob or a bob shaped at the front and sides. Dress it with waves at the front.